Service Administrator – Fraddon 22/08/2020 – Posted in: Careers – Tags: Cornwall, Kubota, Service Administrator, Vincent Tractors & Plant, Workshop
Vincent Tractors & Plant is a family owned Cornish business, specialising in selling and servicing a wide range of Agricultural, Construction and Groundcare equipment throughout Devon and Cornwall. Vincent Tractors & Plant works with major global brands including Kubota, Kverneland, Grillo and Ifor Williams.
The company was founded by Ken and Esme Vincent in 1966 with the addition of their two sons Paul and John in the 1970’s. Two of Paul’s sons, Nick and Alec have recently joined the business to facilitate the expansion into Devon. The company has years of experience in various sectors of the Cornish market place and have now expanded into Devon with an additional two branches.
As a Service Administrator, your role is to assist with the day-to-day smooth running of the service department workflow. We are looking for a passionate and articulate individual with excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of working in a similar role within the Agricultural, Construction or Groundcare industry. However, individuals with wider experience within the industry or with strong passion and knowledge of machinery will also be considered.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Service Administrator, your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Service department administration support – booking in workshop jobs and keeping customers updated with progress through the invoicing and payment.
- Arranging haulage logistics for new machine deliveries and workshop collections or deliveries
- Machine DVLA registrations
- Supporting new machine invoicing and ordering at busy times.
- Administration of contract hire contracts
- Ensure all administrative functions within the department are carried out in accordance with company policy.
- Supporting administration of warranty claims and machine registrations
- Plus, any other duties as requested by the Service Manager.
These responsibilities are essential in a small business where all members of the team are required to work flexibly and help in all and any area during busy periods
- Keep confidential and company business or statistics.
- To represent Vincent Tractors & Plant and promote its brand throughout all activities.
- Ability to work hours as required by the business.
The above is not an exhaustive list and other duties and responsibilities may be included in the role as the business develops over time.
The company is committed to training and supporting employees. Employees will receive training for all areas included in their job description to ensure that they are capable, and feel confident, of performing both main and secondary responsibilities. In addition, it is the employee’s responsibility to alert their Line Manager to areas where they feel they require more training, or need the support of another member of the team, to undertake a specific task that may be new, or more challenging, for them.
(Your person must have these skills or experience)
(You would be prepared to train them in these things)
Work and non-related work experience relevant to the job and organisation
Specific qualifications and or training
|Qualities, knowledge & skills
Personal skills, qualities, behaviour, most of these will be essential as many of these cannot be trained
Unsocial hours/eves/weekends. Ability to drive etc
What we offer
- Full time position: 8.00am – 5.30pm. Monday – Friday. (5.00pm Wintertime).
- Saturday: 8.00am to 12.00pm on a rota basis
- Negotiable salary depending on skills and track record
- Contributory pension scheme, group life cover, child care vouchers, staff discount.
- 24 days holidays plus Bank Holidays
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 20th September 2020
Interviews: Tuesday 29th September 2020
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a cover letter. Within your cover letter, please explain how you meet the criteria for the role.
***Strictly No Agencies***