Sales Executive (Construction) | Devon 20/11/2020 – Posted in: Careers – Tags: Careers, construction, Devon, Jobs, Kubota, Recruitment, Sales, Vincent Tractors & Plant
Vincent Tractors & Plant is a family owned Cornish business, specialising in selling and servicing a wide range of Agricultural, Construction and Groundcare equipment throughout Devon and Cornwall. Vincent Tractors & Plant works with major global brands including Kubota, Ausa, Husqvarna and Ifor Williams.
The company was founded by Ken and Esme Vincent in 1966 with the addition of their two sons Paul and John in the 1970’s. Two of Paul’s sons, Nick and Alec have recently joined the business to facilitate the expansion into Devon. The company has years of experience in various sectors of the Cornish market place and have now expanded into Devon with an additional two branches.
To take advantage of opportunities and improve our market share across Devon, we require a Construction Machinery Salesperson to manage and develop sales with an existing client base of plant operators, and to target new sales opportunities. You will be charged with developing sustainable relationships with these partners and providing technical support / training to their teams which, in turn, will generate long term repeat business, as well as seeking out new partners and opportunities..
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visit customers as well as cold calling to prospect for new business.
- Advise, negotiate and conclude the sale, completing all appropriate paperwork and documentation in a timely manner e.g. service contracts, warranties etc.
- Carry out machine demonstrations where necessary
- Achieve agreed sales targets.
- Advise customers when their order has been received and is ready for collection/delivery.
- Safely install machines with the customer.
- Set up and attend industry exhibitions and shows when required
These responsibilities are essential in a small business where all members of the team are required to work flexibly and help in all and any area during busy periods
- Keep confidential and company business or statistics.
- To represent Vincent Tractors & Plant and promote its brand throughout all activities.
- Ability to work hours as required by the business.
The above is not an exhaustive list and other duties and responsibilities may be included in the role as the business develops over time.
The company is committed to training and supporting employees. Employees will receive training for all areas included in their job description to ensure that they are capable, and feel confident, of performing both main and secondary responsibilities. In addition, it is the employee’s responsibility to alert their Line Manager to areas where they feel they require more training, or need the support of another member of the team, to undertake a specific task that may be new, or more challenging, for them.
Work and non-related work experience relevant to the job and organisation
|Experience of selling technically related construction products Ability to speak with all manner of customer
Experience of building relationships with customers
|Experience of selling to end users or resellers.
Specific qualifications and or training
|Four GCSE’s grade C and above, including Maths and English
|Foundation Degree, HND or Degree
|Qualities, knowledge & skills
Personal skills, qualities, behaviour, most of these will be essential as many of these cannot be trained
Keen to make the sale
Ability to up sell.
Ability to pick up technical knowledge and apply it
Self-motivated & able to use initiative
Excellent interpersonal skills
Attention to detail
Neat, clean and tidy image
Loyal and reliable
Ability to work to deadline and to a high degree of accuracy.
Good IT Skills
Friendly, smiling & interested in our customers
A current driver’s licence
|Experience in our industry sector
Experience of working within a close sales team
Licenced to tow trailers
Unsocial hours/eves/weekends. Ability to drive etc
|Willing to work additional hours as required.|
What we offer:
- Full time position: 8.00am- 5.30pm. Monday – Friday. (5.00pm Wintertime).
- Saturday: 8.00am to 12.00pm on a rota basis
- Negotiable salary depending on skills and track record
- Contributory pension scheme, group life cover, child care vouchers, staff
- 24 days holidays plus Bank Holidays
Closing date for applications: Midnight Sunday 3rd January 2021
Interviews: Wednesday 13th January 2021 (subject to change)
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a cover letter. Within your cover letter, please explain how you meet the criteria for the role.
To view our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants please click here.
***Strictly No Agencies***