Parts Sales Advisor – Fraddon 08/07/2019 – Posted in: Jobs
Vincent Tractors & Plant is a family owned Cornish business, specialising in selling and servicing a wide range of Agricultural, Construction and Groundcare equipment throughout Devon and Cornwall. Vincent Tractors & Plant works with major global brands including Kubota, Kverneland and Ifor Williams. The company was founded by Ken and Esme Vincent in 1966 with the addition of their two sons Paul and John in the 1970’s. Two of Paul’s sons, Nick and Alec have recently joined the business to facilitate the expansion into Devon. The company has years of experience in various sectors of the Cornish market place and have now expanded into Devon.
Due to expansion within the Parts Department we are currently looking for an enthusiastic Parts Sales Advisor to join our busy Parts department at Fraddon. As a key member of the team, you will actively promote and sell a wide range of Agricultural, Construction, Groundcare & Ifor Williams Trailers spares whilst also supplying technicians in the workshop with their required parts.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
As Parts Sales Advisor, your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Dealing with incoming telephone enquiries to the parts department
- Serving parts customers in the shop
- Picking and packing stock and dealing with receipts of items for customers and for stock
- Advising customers when their stock has been received and is ready for collection
- Providing parts assistance to the service department
- Maintaining the parts stock and the displays in the shop in an orderly and organised manner
- Provide administrative support to the parts department including raising invoices and booking in stock
These responsibilities are essential in a small business where all members of the team are required to work flexibly and help in all and any area during busy periods
- Keep confidential and company business or statistics.
- To represent Vincent Tractors & Plant and promote its brand throughout all activities.
- Ability to work hours as required by the business.
The above is not an exhaustive list and other duties and responsibilities may be included in the role as the business develops over time.
The company is committed to training and supporting employees. Employees will receive training for all areas included in their job description to ensure that they are capable, and feel confident, of performing both main and secondary responsibilities. In addition, it is the employee’s responsibility to alert their Line Manager to areas where they feel they require more training, or need the support of another member of the team, to undertake a specific task that may be new, or more challenging, for them.
(Your person must have these skills or experience)
(You would be prepared to train them in these things)
Work and non-related work experience relevant to the job and organisation
Specific qualifications and or training
|Qualities, knowledge & skills
Personal skills, qualities, behaviour, most of these will be essential as many of these cannot be trained
Unsocial hour/ eves/weekends. Ability to drive etc
What we offer:
- Full time position: 8.00am- 5.30pm. Monday – Friday. (5.00pm Wintertime).
- Saturday: 8.00am to 12.00pm on a rota basis
- Competitive hourly wage depending on experience.
- 24 days holiday, contributory pension scheme, group life cover, child care vouchers
To apply, please email email@example.com with a CV and a cover letter. Within your cover letter, please explain how you meet the criteria for the role.
***Strictly No Agencies***