Land Based Engineer – Holsworthy 20/10/2020 – Posted in: Careers – Tags: engineer, Fitter, Holsworthy, Kubota, North Devon, Technician, Vincent Tractors & Plant, West Devon, Workshop
Vincent Tractors & Plant is a family owned Cornish business, specialising in selling and servicing a wide range of Agricultural, Construction and Groundcare equipment throughout Devon and Cornwall, based in Fraddon, Cornwall; Holsworthy, West Devon and Smithaleigh, South Devon. Vincent Tractors & Plant works with major global brands including Kubota, Vicon, Grillo and Ifor Williams Trailers which are market leading brands.
The company was founded by Ken and Esme Vincent in 1966 with the addition of their two sons Paul and John in the 1970’s. Two of Paul’s sons, Nick and Alec have recently joined the business to facilitate the expansion into Devon. The company has years of experience in various sectors of the Cornish market place and have now expanded into Devon.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and driven Land Based Engineer to join our busy and growing team at our Holsworthy branch. You will play a vital part in servicing and maintaining our full line of Kubota and other key franchise machinery to the highest possible standards.
The ideal candidate will have experience in similar roles as a qualified engineer with a knowledge of groundcare and/or agricultural and construction machinery.
You should have good customer skills and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
As an Land Based Engineer, your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- PDI’ing new machinery to the manufacturers specification.
- Servicing machinery to the manufacturers specification on and off site.
- Repairing machinery to the manufacturers specification on and off site.
- Ensuring paperwork (job cards) is completed in a timely manner with details as requested.
These responsibilities are essential in a small business where all members of the team are required to work flexibly and help in all and any area during busy periods
- Keep confidential and company business or statistics.
- To provide high levels of customer service
- To represent Vincent Tractors & Plant and promote its brand throughout all activities.
- Ability to work hours as required by the business.
The above is not an exhaustive list and other duties and responsibilities may be included in the role as the business develops over time.
The company is committed to training and supporting employees. Employees will receive training for all areas included in their job description to ensure that they are capable, and feel confident, of performing both main and secondary responsibilities. In addition, it is the employee’s responsibility to alert their Line Manager to areas where they feel they require more training, or need the support of another member of the team, to undertake a specific task that may be new, or more challenging, for them.
(Your person must have these skills or experience)
(You would be prepared to train them in these things)
Work and non-related work experience relevant to the job and organisation
Specific qualifications and or training
|Qualities, knowledge & skills
Personal skills, qualities, behaviour, most of these will be essential as many of these cannot be trained
Unsocial hours/eves/weekends. Ability to drive etc
What we offer
- Full time position: 8.00am- 5.30pm. Monday – Friday. (5.00pm Wintertime).
- Saturday: 8.00am to 12.00pm and call outs on a rota basis
- Competitive pay depending on experience plus overtime pay over 39hrs.
- Staff discount, contributory pension scheme, group life cover, eye care vouchers, child vouchers and vehicle.
- 24 days holidays plus Bank Holidays
- Industry leading ongoing training through the Kubota University, helping to build your career
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a cover letter. Within your cover letter, please explain how you meet the criteria for the role.
***Strictly No Agencies***