Sales Executive | Ifor Williams Trailers – Fraddon 11/06/2019 – Posted in: Jobs – Tags: Cornwall, Ifor Williams Trailers, Jobs, Salesperson, Vincent Tractors
Vincent Tractors is a leading supplier of Ifor Williams Trailers as well as agricultural, construction and groundcare machinery and equipment throughout Cornwall. Due to continued growth we are recruiting for an ambitious Salesperson who has drive and desire to focus on our Ifor Williams Trailers sales. Ifor Williams is an excellent, well thought of and sought-after brand – customers in sectors such as agriculture, construction, horticulture, groundcare, equestrian, motor sports as well as domestic use, seek to buy these trailers.
We require a Salesperson to manage and develop our Ifor Williams Trailers sales, parts and servicing with an existing client base of customers and to target new sales opportunities throughout Cornwall. You will be based at our depot at Fraddon. You will be initially working with the existing Ifor Williams Trailers salesperson for a period to get you familiar with the role and to help you learn the products.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advise, negotiate and conclude the sale, completing all appropriate paperwork and documentation.
- Advise customers when their trailer has been received and is ready for collection
- Maintain stock at agreed levels
- Organise and maintain the new and used trailer display.
- Implement telephone prospecting for new business
- Prepare sold trailers
These responsibilities are essential in a small business where all members of the team are required to work flexibly and help in all and any area during busy periods.
- Sell the wide range of products (not just Ifor Williams Trailers) to customers that visit the depot.
- Keep confidential and company business or statistics.
- To represent Vincent Tractors Limited and promote its brand throughout all activities.
- Ability to work hours as required by the business.
The above is not an exhaustive list and other duties and responsibilities may be included in the role as the business develops over time.
The company is committed to training and supporting employees. Employees will receive training for all areas included in their job description to ensure that they are capable, and feel confident, of performing both main and secondary responsibilities. In addition, it is the employee’s responsibility to alert their Line Manager to areas where they feel they require more training, or need the support of another member of the team, to undertake a specific task that may be new, or more challenging, for them.
Work and non-related work experience relevant to the job and organisation
|Proven record of closing the deal
Ability to speak with all manner of customer
Experience of building relationships with customers
|Experience of selling to end users or resellers.
Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) experience would be advantageous.
Specific qualifications and or training
|Four GCSE’s grade C and above, including Maths and English||Some formal type of training in sales
Foundation Degree, HND or Degree
|Qualities, knowledge & skills
Personal skills, qualities, behaviour, most of these will be essential as many of these cannot be trained
Keen to make the sale
Ability to up sell.
Ability to pick up technical knowledge and apply it
Self-motivated & able to use initiative
Excellent interpersonal skills
Attention to detail
Neat, clean and tidy image
Loyal and reliable
Ability to work to deadline and to a high degree of accuracy.
Good IT Skills
Friendly, smiling & interested in our customers
|Experience in our industry sector
Experience of working within a close sales team
A current driver’s licence
Unsocial hours/eves/weekends. Ability to drive etc
|Willing to work additional hours as required.|
What We Offer:
- Full time position: 8.00am- 5.30pm. Monday – Friday. (5.00pm Wintertime).
- Saturday: 8.00am to 12.00pm on a rota basis
- Negotiable salary depending on skills and track record, plus commission
- Contributory pension scheme, group life cover, child care vouchers.
- 24 days holidays plus Bank Holidays
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a cover letter. Within your cover letter, please explain how you meet the criteria for the role.
***Strictly No Agencies***