Groundcare Machinery Engineer – Fraddon 20/08/2021 – Posted in: Careers – Tags: engineer, Fitter, Fraddon, Groundcare, Kubota, Technician, Vincent Tractors & Plant, Workshop
Vincent Tractors & Plant is a successful family-owned business. Established in 1966 and now employing over 50 people across our three depots covering Devon and Cornwall, we are the market leaders in agriculture, construction and groundcare products, holding the market leading Kubota franchise along with many other brands including Kverneland, Ktwo, Grillo, Baroness, Ifor Williams and Ausa.
Vincent Tractors & Plant’s success and ongoing growth means we are looking for another land based engineer to join our expanding business at our Fraddon (Cornwall) branch with a focus on groundcare and golf machinery. Are you a dedicated, self-motivated engineer with a passion for groundcare machinery?
You will play a vital part in servicing and maintaining our full line of Kubota and other key franchise machinery to the highest possible standards.
The ideal candidates will have experience in similar roles as a qualified engineer with a knowledge of groundcare machinery.
You should have good customer skills and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
As a Land Based Groundcare Engineer, your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Completing Pre-delivery Inspections of new groundcare, golf machinery and compact tractors to the manufacturer’s specification.
- Servicing of the above machinery to the manufacturer’s specification on and off site.
- Repairing machinery to the manufacturer’s specification on and off site.
- Ensuring paperwork (job cards) is completed in a timely manner with details as requested.
- Although it is expected that your main duties with have a focus on groundcare equipment there will be opportunities for work on Agricultural and Construction machinery as well.
These responsibilities are essential in a small business where all members of the team are required to work flexibly and help in all and any area during busy periods
- Keep confidential and company business or statistics.
- To provide high levels of customer service
- To represent Vincent Tractors & Plant and promote its brand throughout all activities.
- Ability to work hours as required by the business.
The above is not an exhaustive list and other duties and responsibilities may be included in the role as the business develops over time.
The company is committed to training and supporting employees. Employees will receive training for all areas included in their job description to ensure that they are capable, and feel confident, of performing both main and secondary responsibilities. In addition, it is the employee’s responsibility to alert their Line Manager to areas where they feel they require more training or need the support of another member of the team, to undertake a specific task that may be new, or more challenging, for them.
(Your person must have these skills or experience)
(You would be prepared to train them in these things)
Work and non-related work experience relevant to the job and organisation
Specific qualifications and or training
|Qualities, knowledge & skills
Personal skills, qualities, behaviour, most of these will be essential as many of these cannot be trained
Unsocial hours/eves/weekends. Ability to drive etc
Are you looking to enhance your technical abilities within a supportive and highly successful family-owned business? Then look no further! Vincent Tractors & Plant can offer you:
- Full time position: 8.00am- 5.30pm. Monday – Friday. (5.00pm Wintertime).
- Saturday: 8.00am to 12.00pm and call outs on a rota basis
- Competitive pay depending on experience plus overtime pay over 39hrs.
- Overtime if required
- Laptop, mobile phone, PPE and company uniform
- Extensive product and technical training, both onsite and at the Kubota training centre in Oxfordshire, helping to build your career
- Tool allowance
- 24 days Holiday allowance plus Bank Holidays
- Company vehicle
- Staff discount, contributory pension scheme, group life cover, eye care support, child vouchers
To apply, please email email@example.com with a CV and a cover letter. Within your cover letter, please explain how you meet the criteria for the role or call 01726 860332 for further information.
Vincent Tractors & Plant is one of the leading Kubota dealers in the UK with people at the heart of its strategy. We know that our people are the key to our success and we make sure we appreciate and reward everyone’s contribution. Not only do we recognize expertise, skills and professionalism, we value highly the very things that make them unique: their passion, their dedication, their approachability and the fact that going the all-important extra mile is second nature.
***Strictly No Agencies***